[CT Birds] Coast

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Mon Apr 2 20:57:23 EDT 2012

I started at Sherwood this morning and the Snow Goose was in the circle with the Canada Geese. Not much of interest at burying hill beach, but the male Eurasian Wigeon was at Southport Beach with 170 Bonaparte's Gulls. This afternoon Richard and I met at Long Beach, Stratford: 30+ Northern Gannets off Long-Beach with many feeding and most drifting west. We went through the huge gull flock that Frank Mantlik reported, but from Cove Place and finally found 1 first-year Iceland Gull. There may have been two, (one with more black in the bill than the other) but the flock was moving around so much, that it was hard to tell... 4 Male Boat-tailed Grackles were at the pond on Long Beach Blvd. A Yellow-crowned Night-Heron was at Silver Sands SP, along with 12 Wilson's Snipe, 1 Killdeer, and 1 Lesser Yellowlegs at the west pond. Frank Gallo and Richard Scully

Life is short. Bird often.