[CT Birds] Fish Crows

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Tue Apr 3 08:41:46 EDT 2012

Hi Chris,  When I worked at Edgewood Park, New Haven, I would watch the crows flying to roost in West Haven on a pretty regular basis. Good numbers of vocal Fish Crows were mixed in with the groups as they flew overhead, and I'm fairly certain (from size) that many more were in the flock than were calling. I suspect they do roost together; there are inland crow roosts in CT. There's a huge one in West Hartford, for instance. I"m not sure how one would interpret the birds coming over your house each morning, but I wouldn't rule out an inland crow roost where both species are present.

Frank G,

Life is short. Bird often.