[CT Birds] Fwd: Return of the Osprey Party, April 21 at the Coastal Center

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Tue Apr 3 11:46:36 EDT 2012

Hi All,

We're having our annual celebration, the Return of the Osprey Party, at the Coastal Center on Saturday, April 21, at 5:30 p.m., and we hope you can join us. We had a great time last year; lots of friends, many of them birders, joined us to celebrate the annual return of our Osprey pair to their nest, and helped us to raise funds to support the Coastal Center and it's education and conservation mission. We can't do what we do without you, and we thank you all!  Join us for a fun night, with live music, great food and drink, some amazing raffle and auction items, and good people.

This year, we have even more to celebrate; the old failing TV in our Discovery Center was replaced, much to the joy of our visitors, and a new armature and camera was mounted recently above the nest, to replace the one destroyed by Hurricane Irene.  As you can imagine, it was quite a production hauling ladders and gear out to the Osprey's tiny island, and climbing up to install the equipment before they nested. Thanks to the expertise of our tech guy Jim Luurtsema from SMB, on-line support from our Osprey followers, and our crew of dedicated volunteers, especially Dennis Shelomis from Forstrom Electric, Keith Thomas,Tom Mihaylo, and Nathan Star, everything is up and running. We did it!  The camera goes live this week, and we hope you enjoy it.

Frank Gallo, Director
Connecticut Audubon Society
Coastal Center at Milford Point
1 Milford Point Road, Milford
203-878-7440.

Connecticut Audubon Society Coastal Center
Presents Our Annual

Returnof the Osprey Party

Saturday,April 21
5:30 p.m.

At

ConnecticutAudubon Society
Coastal Center

1  Milford Point Road, Milford

 Great Friends, Live Music, Beer, Wine, Hors d’oeuvres,Exciting Raffle and Auction items

RSVP to Louise at203-878-7440

$35/Person

Proceeds to Benefit
The Coastal Centerat Milford Point’s
OspreyNest and Educational Programs

A SelectSampling
>From our SilentAuction

Ferry Tickets
Assorted Gift Baskets
Lovely Works by Local Artists
Gift Certificates to local businesses
Private bird walks with local experts Patrick Dugan,
Miley Bull, Jerry Connolly, Frank Gallo & others
Signed book set: Bird Calls & Night Sounds by Frank Gallo
Sound Tiger Tickets, Museum and Aquarium Passes
A variety of Theater Tickets, and a Canoe Tour
Family Membership Baskets with Premiums
Science Birthday Party for 16 children
Pre-K summer camp week
A Sea Kayak
&
Original Bird Art by:
DavidSibley, Mark Szantyr, Frank Gallo,Michael DiGiorgio, AJ Hand, Mary & Tom Mihaylo,
and others…