Jane Olsen olsenj at stlukesct.org
Tue Apr 3 16:20:22 EDT 2012

Walking along the stream between the damn at John Milne Lake and Grupes
Reservoir on North Wilton Rd in New Canaan we saw what I think was a
yellow-rumped warbler.  Just saw him from behind for a minute before he
flew down into the brush, but he had a huge yellow splotch on his rump.
I'm just learning to ID warblers, so I wasn't completely sure, but it was
exciting to see him. Last week we saw a pair of wood ducks there every day,
but this week they are gone.  Saw them there at the same time last year -
it seems to be a regular stopover on their migration.

Jane Nicklin Olsen
Fifth Grade Teacher
St. Luke's School
New Canaan, CT 06840
email: olsenjl at stlukesct.org
phone: +1 (203) 801-4905

*This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and any attachments and destroy any
copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than
the intended recipient is unauthorized.*

*Please consider the environment before printing this email.