[CT Birds] Hidden Valley, Steep Rock Preserve, Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 5 17:41:53 EDT 2012

Had not taken a walk in the Hidden Valley section of the Steep Rock Preserve along the Shepaug River here in Washington, CT since before last year's late October 'surprise' snow storm so took a walk there today (5 April 2012, Thursday) in the early afternoon. I had hoped that Louisiana waterthrush might have returned here perhaps. No L. waterthrush here yet. The waterthrush might have some issues with breeding along the Shepaug River here as I have not seen the Shepaug this low in years. Also the damage from fallen oak trees from the October 2011 snow storm hanging into one area of the Shepaug here might also be a challenge for the waterthrushs. Did see two hermit thrush along the Shepaug River in Hidden Valley.

David W Babington
Washington, CT