[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Apr 5 23:10:35 EDT 2012

Passing these along.

 From Annie and Mike Perko, Colchester,CT
Thursday, April 5, 2012 5:59 PM
Harris's Sparrow seen this afternoon for a brief look at 5:25P.M. for about a minute.
Did not see at all yesterday (Wednesday) or this morning. (88th day).

 From David Bernstein,  West Roxbury, MA
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
I was once again in your wonderful state for work today (Wednesday) and I made sure to stop in East Hartford on my way home to get looks at the Red-headed Woodpecker.  I figured I should share my eBird list with you from today.  The Red-headed Woodpecker was indeed out and I snapped a few shots of it (included below). There were also quite a few Green-winged Teal and Wood Ducks in the water that the boardwalk leads to.  I also discovered a bright yellow Palm Warbler as well as a noisy Belted Kingfisher.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT