[CT Birds] Waterford - Junco, etc

Patrick psmithct at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 6 08:06:15 EDT 2012

A solitary, but fat and happy Junco has shown up to pick around under the
thistle feeder.  Latest one I have seen here.  Also, cardinals, jays, titmice,
chikadees, carolina wren, downies, red-bellied woodpecker, nuthatch,
goldfinches, robins, mockingbirds, song sparrows and a pine warbler.  Turkeys
down the road, and  2 bald eagles riding thermals over my Mom's nursing home in
Groton.

Unrelated, but I've scarcely seen a pollinator yet - just one honey bee.  In
past I've had honey bees on the witch hazel and bumble bees on my crocus and
daffodils.  Wondering only because I'd like lots of fruit for the catbirds on my
amelenchier - which is about to open up.  Lot's of fruit still untaken from my
winterberry holly and hawthorn.