[CT Birds] Nature always amazes me...

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 6 10:19:06 EDT 2012

Nature always amazes me...
I have a Red-s-Hawk that visits my yard daily. Been doing this for many years.
This morning, i watched her gleaning scraps from the compost pile. A cooked
turkey leg was the favorite. But she also ate some egg yoke from a hard boiled
egg. After dinning for awhile, she then flew down by the wet area under some
hemlocks, and proceeded to drink water! She dipped her bill into the water, and
lifted her head as a chicken does to swallow. Never saw a Hawk drink water
before.
Has anyone out there-(here) - ever seen a hawk drink water?

FOY- Yellow-R-Warb in yard.......

Paul Carrier - Harwinton