[CT Birds] Glossy Ibis

Gary Thompson gary.thompson at charter.net
Sat Apr 7 14:47:25 EDT 2012

Late post from yesterday's visit to Rocky Neck.  I spent a couple of
hours on one of the observation platforms with the intent of
photographing the Ospreys.  There is now a nesting pair there, along
with a few others that are fishing there.  Other sightings included
Great Egrets, Snowy Egrets, Belted Kingfisher, numerous assortments of
ducks and geese, turkey vultures, Redtail hawks, cormorants and a lesser
yellowlegs.  I was almost ready to leave when a glossy ibis landed not
too far away and I was able to grab a couple of shots of it.  I've never
seen one in this state before.  Here's a link to one of the photos for
anyone interested.
Gary W. Thompson