[CT Birds] Old Saybrook Birds

John Ogren northernrail at comcast.net
Sat Apr 7 18:01:29 EDT 2012

Finally a single Bonie showed up at South Cove today. The last 3 years they have been scarce in Old Saybrook. We use to have 100-500 at this time of year. I guess they are hanging out in the western end of the sound.
Lots of Snowy and Great Egrets around and had FOY 3 Glossy Ibis in Plum Bank Marsh yesterday. Still waiting on my Purple Martins.
Odd occurance 2 days ago. Within 5 minutes saw 2 different im. Red-Tails, one eating a squirrel and one eating a rat both on side of road and too busy eating to fly off when we pulled up next to them. Unfortunately no camera.

John Ogren