[CT Birds] Bald Eagles and Osprey, Guilford

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Sun Apr 8 21:19:46 EDT 2012

Sorry for the late post but I'm just back to my computer after holiday travels.  On Saturday I had a spare moment while in Guilford and went down to the boat ramp, where I enjoyed watching recurring altercations between a few Osprey and a beautiful adult Bald Eagle over the East River marshes.  At times it was hard to tell who was chasing who- though the Eagle often seemed to seek shelter in the trees near the end of grass Island.  I didn't have my scope with me but I'm pretty sure I also saw Keith Mueller at the grass Island boat-launch, photographing the whole thing!
-Sean Murtha