[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sun Apr 8 21:28:18 EDT 2012

Passing these along.

 From Sam Saulys:
Sunday, April 8
There's an eastern meadowlark in the parking lot at the Hammonasset nature Center. There's also a nesting killdeer sitting on 4 eggs at the usual inconvenient location at the north end of the lot. I grabbed a small Adirondack type table from the Nature Center and plunked it down about 15 ft from her next, hoping that birders would avoid that last gravel drive-thru.

 From Michael Duffy, New York, NY:
Saturday 7 April, in the afternoon around 1:30 there was a Glossy Ibis at HBSP / Meigs Point in the pond next to the parking lot.
I also stopped in Lebanon and found the Harris's Sparrow feeding with Song, White-throated, and House Sparrows at approximately 3 pm.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT