Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 13:32:20 EDT 2012

There will be a sign that says "Farm" Mill River on the bridge over Rt. 110 its across from the former Shelton landfill and a sporting goods store next to the it (they didn't object to my parking there on Saturday).   Goggle Maps shows the upper portion of the River as "Far Mill River Park" but I believe the correct name is Far Mill.  It can be rough hiking at times and slippery. smaller contributory streams/waterfalls were trickles so easy to cross for now.  If you get to the area that has a large number of big downed trees right along the river you've gone to far (climbing over them is tricky).  I do have photos of the river from before and after where I saw the bird if anyone thinks they would be useful in finding the general area.  I started out just around 9:00 and the photos are stamped 10:13 a.m. but I made a lot of stops along the way. There were a lot of birds I could hear but couldn't find. Will be nice to find out what else may be lurking in the woods.  I'm planning another trip on Saturday.

Thanks for all the congratulatory emails!

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT

Message: 7