[CT Birds] Peculiar Robin Behavior

W RUPP rupp at snet.net
Tue Apr 10 10:39:44 EDT 2012

My colleague, Brooks Low, has observed the following unusual robin activity and would like to know what is going on:

       Every morning and late afternoon, for the last week, a robin  perches on a shrub outside a particular window on our house, then flies up and pecks the window 3 times, flying upwards as he (she?) pecks, then sits down on the shrub for a minute or two.  The behavior is then repeated 6-10 times exactly as before.  Shortly afterward, the robin does the same thing at another specific window on the other side of the house.  Any explanation?