[CT Birds] wild turkey flock in milford

Gary Witte wirthwitte at att.net
Tue Apr 10 21:39:51 EDT 2012

From: Winie Wirth in Milford

For the past several days, a flock of wild turkeys have loitered in the lawn and
parking lot of the Woodmont United Church of Christ at 1000 New Haven Ave in
Milford, for 1/2 hour-45 minutes, between 7am- 9 am. There are 4 or 5 toms, all
puffed up in display, and 5-7 hens. Cars pulling into the lot at 9am for
pre-school didn't bother them, so you can potentially view from car. You can
also turn onto Settlers Ridge at light, take first right to cul-de-sac Shadows
End Lane, which is right behind church. (My house is 45 Shadows End . They have
also been hanging out in my back yard.) Quite tame wild turkeys. I think they
roost up the hill and come down at dawn. I'll email if I they are there tomorrow
(Wed).