[CT Birds] Boston Hollow, 4/10, 4/11/12, and Ruffy!

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Wed Apr 11 20:23:07 EDT 2012

I saw the grouse again on Tuesday, she was standing in the middle of the
road when I got there and came running to my car as usual. However, I saw no
sign of her today. Overall the area seemed quiet compared to yesterday, and
I  didn't see a single Hermit Thrush today. Yesterday I heard two singing!
Earliest  I have ever heard them. I had only 1 La Waterthrush today after 5
yesterday, and  one half-hearted Winter Wren after two yesterday. I did see
three Palm Warblers  today, probably 2 the same as yesterday.
After posting Monday that I had seen no sign of the Ravens, I heard one on
Tuesday, and saw and heard one today. Still there but being very quiet.
Eggs in  the nest maybe?
The Yellowbellied Sapsuckers were extremely active today, and I stood in
one spot and could hear at least 5 of them drumming. I think I'm hearing more
 now than I ever have before. Actually, I think I have been hearing them
more  often than usual in many different parts of the state.
Below is a link to pics of Ruffy. It's hard to take pictures with a long
lens when you have to keep backing up to keep the bird in focus.

http://www.photoshop.com/users/mntncougar/albums/8bc19b7417e44cf5b65265b4c29
0c416?wf=slideshow

Don Morgan
Coventry