[CT Birds] Fwd: Lake Whitney dam maintenance and water levels

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Apr 13 15:24:15 EDT 2012

The notice below suggests there may be some interesting birding activity around Lake Whitney over the next couple of weeks.  I recall some good birds taking advantage of the flats last time.  Much of the upper lake is only 2-4 feet deep, so there will be a lot that is exposed.

Btw, even then, the volume of the lake will still be well north of 50%, if I recall correctly a conversation from the last time it was lowered.  The lower lake is pretty deep, and hold a big chunk of the water.

Begin forwarded message: