[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sun Apr 15 20:36:08 EDT 2012

Passing these along.

 From Tom Baptist:
4-15-2012 - Greenwich, Greenwich Point Park -- 12 Northern Gannet, foraging off southeast point.

 From David Bernstein, West Roxbury, MA
Birded the Hartford Reservoir on Saturday.  Best bird of the day was a Pileated Woodpecker seen literally as I was about to pull out of my parking spot to drive to my in-laws. I noticed something move on a tree stump aprox 15 feet directly in front of my car in the woods. Then a gorgeous Pileated popped up from behind the stump and pecked away, just a few inches off the ground. I was able to walk to within 10' of it. It saw me and was completely unbothered.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT