[CT Birds] Mallard conundrum

Susanne Shrader birdgirrl at comcast.net
Tue Apr 17 21:33:43 EDT 2012

A male and female Mallard were strutting and begging for food on my deck tonight!  They would have come right in had I not closed the door behind me.  Then the Mister pressed his bill to the glass slider and quacked pitifully and followed us from glass door to glass door for 90 minutes until dark, while the Missis stayed closed by also quacking.  If we went outside they would follow at a respective distance, just like ducks do at a city park.  They flew once but came back.  We refused to feed them.  Has anyone else had this type of Mallard encounter?
Susanne Shrader
birdgirrl at comcast.net