[CT Birds] Guilford Glossy Ibis (in reasonably large numbers)

Grimm, Chris chris.grimm at globepequot.com
Fri Apr 20 09:42:20 EDT 2012

I've been out of town all week, but back at the office there are eight
Glossy Ibis at the edge of Innovation Pond off of Goose Lane, just north
of Exit 59 in Guilford.

A colleague tells me that a flock of between 20 and 30 has been
re-visiting the pond three to four times daily, all week, though it is a
smaller group at this moment.

When I saw a prior Ibis post last week, I was reminded that I had seen
one here, probably two years ago.  But it was a single sighting of a
single bird - nothing remotely like this.

As a complete aside, this morning I saw a Flicker poking around on the
ground in my backyard in Westport.