[CT Birds] Pine Creek

eyeflight16 at optonline.net eyeflight16 at optonline.net
Fri Apr 20 14:32:41 EDT 2012

I took a trip to Pine Creek this morning, and although it was very quiet as far as migrants go, with one Palm as my only warbler, the morning was highlighted by a fly-by Purple Martin, which is a rather uncommon species in Fairfield, and I finally was able to hear a Ring-necked Pheasant calling after four years of  having them seemingly disappeared from Pine Creek, at least for me. I did not see the bird, as that is a whole different challenge, but it was nice to finally come in contact with one after not seeing or hearing one since 2008 at this location. Now if I can just get a picture....

1 Ring-necked Pheasant
1 Wild Turkey
1 Great Egret
2 Black-crowned Night-Herons