[CT Birds] Lake Whitney: Y-C Night H., &c. &c.

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Apr 20 18:13:25 EDT 2012

Below, link to photos at Lake Whitney, Friday, 4/20.  (Roy, submission for daily list at very bottom.)

1) Lake level:  I gather the repairs are done, and the level should be up soon, given the rain coming.  LW bounces back quickly.  It's been down for only a short period, & areas with plants didn't wholly drain, so I doubt anything happened to this 100 or 110 year old lake complex.  If I get more info, I'll send it.  As noted before, still 60% water left.  I imagine the dry spring & hence low levels & flow made this an inviting time.

2)  Birds.  A: YCNH; B: others;  C: Eagle, &c.