[CT Birds] On Topic?

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Apr 20 22:08:43 EDT 2012

Your list moderator here with a word about CTBirds and staying on topic .

The stated purpose of CTBirds is "for the discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut".  I tend to interpret this pretty loosely, but lately there have been several posts taking things far from Connecticut and not always staying close to birds.  We are on the leading edge of the busy season here with migration starting to pick up, so can we please keep it to Connecticut?

For those who haven't heard of it, there is a well established list for everything bird related, not limited to any one state (or even just the USA).  That list is BirdChat, and I have been reading it much longer than CTBirds has existed.  Some of you might find it a rewarding list to follow, and even to participate in.  You can read recent BirdChat messages here: