[CT Birds] "BWS"

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Apr 21 11:48:07 EDT 2012

I was interested to see your post Dana, because this morning in Boston
Hollow I spotted a very distant kettle of about 18 birds. Way too far to ID,
but  they were definitely raptors and not TVs, and  my first thought was
"Broadwings". There are resident BWs in Boston Hollow - I saw a couple today -
but I've never seen a Broadwing kettle, if that's what it was, in eastern CT
 before. But I think your idea of the birds beating the storm, or perhaps
riding  the northward weather flow lends credance to the theory.
Don Morgan, Coventry