[CT Birds] Chester, 4/21: towhees, red-shouldereds

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Sat Apr 21 12:20:20 EDT 2012

Chester, CT - FOY pair of towhees visited the gardens in the early misty morning. And for the past hour or so, a group of 5 red-shouldered hawks have circled and swooped over our yard. Judging from their sizes - and recent nesting activity - I would guess that it's two adults and their 3 newly-fledged young. It's behavior we've seen in past years: a sudden explosion of flight and calling that can only be described as "joyous".
~ Tammy Eustis, Chester