[CT Birds] Bethel and Fairfield

Jan Hollerbach smilifase at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 21:06:51 EDT 2012

I won't win any awards for birding by ear, so take this with a grain of salt. At Hollandia Nursery today in Bethel/Newtown I could have sworn I heard a Warbling Vireo. I even listened to my IPod to double check. I could see what I think was the bird in a tree a ways away but didn't have my bins for a decent look.  If not a Warbling Vireo, anyone have any other ideas?

Back home in Fairfield I enjoyed watching 3 RB Woodpeckers chasing up and around a tree vocalizing like crazy. Territory dispute?  Courting?  I've never seen a woodpecker move really fast up a tree with their rather jerky gait. It was fascinating and somewhat amusing to watch.

Jan Hollerbach

Sent from my iPhone