[CT Birds] Saturday birding

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 21:18:44 EDT 2012

I spent most of the day birding various sites from Westport to
Madison. Not very birdy at all, except for a few pockets of passerines
on the coast. Did manage to dig up 6 species of warbler but it wasn't
easy. Yellow Warbler at Sikorsky Airport. Ovenbird and Black & White
at East Rock Park. Many migrating Double-crested Cormorant and Blue
Jay flocks. On the ground, many Savannah Sparrows and a half-dozen
House Wrens scattered through the day.

The Caspian Tern was not visible at Sandy Pt when I was there early afternoon.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com