[CT Birds] Bluebird Fledglings

Elaine Taylor etbchs at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 17:31:22 EDT 2012

I am thrilled to announce that efforts to deter House Sparrows and encourage Bluebirds has been successful. 5 eggs have hatched and each looks quite healthy and strong. Only 15 feet away, Tree Swallows are beginning their nesting as well. Both species seem just fine having nests so close to each other. I took a quick peek and a photo of the Bluebirds but don't want to continue to do so for fear I might disturb the babies. One question...is it advisable to remove the nest after the last fledgling leaves or leave the nest in the box??
Elaine in Bristol