[CT Birds] Bluebirds

Elaine Taylor etbchs at aol.com
Sat Apr 28 16:10:26 EDT 2012

Unfortunately, the five Bluebirds I recently posted about did not make it. I noticed the Male and Female had been feeding. This morning I saw the parents looking around and then I watched all day, but neither returned. Concerned, I checked the box only to find all of them dead-almost as if they died in their sleep. Perhaps the cold got to them.....there is no sign of infestation or attack.  The question is: Do I remove them or let the parents do the job....Do you suppose the parents may return and try again? Disappointed...learning about the dangers birds face in raising their young is a tough lesson.
Elaine in Bristol