[CT Birds] Sandpiper ID Help

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 28 19:48:24 EDT 2012

Ed,
Your identifications are correct.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

________________________________
From: Edward Dettore <ctbirding at mail.com>
To: Ctbirds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>
Sent: Sat, April 28, 2012 7:28:49 PM
Subject: [CT Birds] Sandpiper ID Help

Hello all,
Both these are lifers for me, and I identified them as, Solitary Sandpiper (left
in the photo), and Spotted Sandpiper (right in the photo). I would love a second
opinion, and I am perfectly fine with being wrong on both counts. I spotted them
at Laurel Marsh in Manchester about 15 feet from each other on opposite sides of
the Hockanum River. The photo is here:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/107605353618421013589/albums/5727665918721749121/5736594725678095826

Thank you,
Ed Dettore