[CT Birds] Chester, 4/30 - wood thrush, yellow-rumpeds, oriole

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Mon Apr 30 07:30:39 EDT 2012

Chester, 4/30 - FOY wood thrush made a brief but beautiful appearance on this cold morning, and a flock of 6 or so yellow-rumped warblers drank from and bathed in our water garden's waterfall, hopping along the stone walls and flying off into the crabapple tree to fluff their wings dry. Have also heard a couple of chatters from an oriole, but it has yet to enjoy the oranges I hung out yesterday.
Nuthatches and bluebirds are feeding babies in nesting boxes.
~ Tammy Eustis, Chester