[CT Birds] Harris's Sparrow

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Mon Apr 30 10:07:05 EDT 2012

No doubt it will be heading north sometime soon Steve. But, it's still pretty chilly/snowy/icy up there! Lapland Longspurs, one species that breeds in the same geographic area (Harris's Sparrow within a limited overlapping longitudinal band however) often linger in our area well into May. So the Harris's Sparrow may be around a little while yet. Of course if I hadn't seen it yet and I wanted to, I'd be going ASAP!

David Provencher