[CT Birds] Ovenbirds etc, Steep Rock Preserve, Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 2 13:18:55 EDT 2012

Took a late morning walk (after 11 AM, 2 May 2012, Wednesday) along the old railroad bed trail along the Shepaug River in the original section of the Steep Rock Preserve here in Washington, CT. Had two ovenbirds along the trail, a few yellow bellied sapsuckers, a red-eyed vireo, and one bird who I heard briefly but could not find in the hemlocks along the river. This unknown bird had a short, low song that was a short buzz. Any ideas out there about this one I could not ID? I know my description of the song is not the best for ID purposes.

David W Babington
Washington, CT