[CT Birds] Hamden - West Rock Park - Blackpoll Warbler and more

Kevin Burgio kevin.burgio at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:23:15 EDT 2012

All,

Upon arriving to the Wintergreen Lake parking lot at West Rock (around
12:30), I was surrounded by a huge wave of warblers, mostly Black-throated
Greens, Black-throated Blues, Black and Whites, Myrtles, Blue-winged, and
American Redstarts.  However, there was one singing Blackpoll, which I also
saw.

Other birds included a Green Heron, a Chimney Swift, Wood Thrushes,
 Eastern Kingbirds, Great-crested Flycatchers, a Spotted Sandpiper,
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Rose-breasted Grosbeak,  a Blue-headed Vireo,
Baltimore Orioles, and many Swamp Sparrows.  Overall 12 warbler species and
46 total species.  Not bad for an hour's worth of birding.

>From Kevin Burgio:

5/2 w/ Hannah Burgio - Hamden - West Ridge Rock Park - 1 male BLACKPOLL
WARBLER.  1 GREEN HERON.  1 SPOTTED SANDPIPER.

Kevin
___________________________________
Kevin Burgio
Ph.D. Student