[CT Birds] Directions to Mourning Warbler

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Wed May 2 14:24:26 EDT 2012

Quite a few people have asked for specifics on the location of the MOURNING WARBLER.

At the  eastern side of the park, there is a wooded area just North of the  maintenance area.  A path runs through it between a wooded slope and a  line of White Pines.  I was about a quarter of the way along the path  from its western end, looking south towards the maintenance area.  I  pished and it emerged from the undergrowth, but stayed fairly low, about  30 feet away.  It never sang but it was chipping incessantly.

The best place to park is a short one-way road called (I think)  Woods road.  Then walk East (careful, its a soggy area!)  towards a group of White Pines.  There's one big fallen Pine and the path starts right behind it.

Hope these directions make sense!   Good luck!

-Sean Murtha

www.seanmurthaart.com