[CT Birds] Hamden - West Rock Park - Blackpoll Warbler and more

Joseph Budrow JBudrow at EssexCT.gov
Wed May 2 14:27:33 EDT 2012

Earlier I posted that my Madison yard had northern parulas...I am
backpedaling on that. Was a redstart.

-----Original Message-----
From: ctbirds-bounces at lists.ctbirding.org
[mailto:ctbirds-bounces at lists.ctbirding.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Burgio
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 2:23 PM
To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Subject: [CT Birds] Hamden - West Rock Park - Blackpoll Warbler and more

All,

Upon arriving to the Wintergreen Lake parking lot at West Rock (around
12:30), I was surrounded by a huge wave of warblers, mostly
Black-throated Greens, Black-throated Blues, Black and Whites, Myrtles,
Blue-winged, and American Redstarts.  However, there was one singing
Blackpoll, which I also saw.

Other birds included a Green Heron, a Chimney Swift, Wood Thrushes,
Eastern Kingbirds, Great-crested Flycatchers, a Spotted Sandpiper,
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Rose-breasted Grosbeak,  a Blue-headed Vireo,
Baltimore Orioles, and many Swamp Sparrows.  Overall 12 warbler species
and
46 total species.  Not bad for an hour's worth of birding.

>From Kevin Burgio:

5/2 w/ Hannah Burgio - Hamden - West Ridge Rock Park - 1 male BLACKPOLL
WARBLER.  1 GREEN HERON.  1 SPOTTED SANDPIPER.

Kevin
___________________________________
Kevin Burgio
Ph.D. Student