[CT Birds] the trees were just loaded with birds!

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 2 16:50:25 EDT 2012

Today in my back yard at 3:00 - the trees were just loaded with birds!
Here in the NW corner, the trees are just leafing out, so viewing
the birds was easy. Most all were Yellow-rumps, but others were:

YR Warbs - est 100 plus
2 BT Green
1 BT Blue
1 Magnolia
1 Yellow
2 B&W Warblers
2 Pine W - believed to be my residents
3 Blue-H Vireo
Many Ruby-c-Kinglets as well.

I also have for the first time, a pair of Sapsuckers nesting
in my yard. They are here each summer, but always
nested in other yards. Plan to take pictures.

And: When visiting at the Charlotte Hospital, Torrington, i
saw 2 fledgling Mourning Doves that were flying. This is
a bit early I would guess for them, but this warm late winter might
be the reason. Also saw C Geese with young back in the
 first week of April in West Hartford. Bit early there as well?

Paul Carrier - Harwinton