[CT Birds] strongly condemn removal of osprey eggs

Meredith, Leslie Leslie.Meredith at simonandschuster.com
Fri May 4 10:07:37 EDT 2012

Whether or not they are protected you have no business interfering with their nests. There is no possible good reason. It is appalling.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 4, 2012, at 9:20 AM, "Isner, Robert" <Robert.Isner at ct.gov<mailto:Robert.Isner at ct.gov>> wrote:

Thank you for contacting the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP).  Through this email I am forwarding your email to Jenny Dickenson of DEEP's Wildlife Division.

Please understand that Ospreys are not a state-listed species and are protected under the Federal Migratory Bird Act, so the jurisdiction is federal U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS).  Emails received by DEEP will be shared with the USFWS to ensure all appropriate requirements and standards are being met.

Robert C. Isner, Director

Bureau of Materials Management and Compliance Assurance

Waste Engineering and Enforcement Division

79 Elm Street

Hartford, CT  06106