[CT Birds] New Britain this morning

busterggi at aol.com busterggi at aol.com
Fri May 4 11:55:09 EDT 2012

There were three Gray Catbirds making their first appearance this morning along with my regular M. doves, H. sparrows, B. jays, robins and the female cardinal.  The towhee has shown up occassionally since first spotted.  It seems as though there have been fewer WT. sparrows.  The juncos and titmice seem to have vanished.  There is another mated pair of Mute Swans just over the town line in Berlin at a pond along the entry ramp from Corbin Avenue to Rte. 9, I've seen them several times now and its not the same pair as at Bass Pond.

Bob Jase