[CT Birds] Osprey Update - Nests Safe

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Fri May 4 13:49:58 EDT 2012

UI has wrapped the poles with fire retardant material and will not remove the nests until sometime in August.  I received an email from the DEEP that they are discussing with the utility companies a system of platforms attached to the top of utilities that is currently in use in the Florida similar to those show in the links below.
http://www.fibernest.com/
http://www.tampaelectric.com/environmental/stewardship/ospreyprogram/

Thank you to all who wrote or made calls.  I received a letter from Mayor Blake of Milford that  the Osprey is the official Bird of Milford.

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT