[CT Birds] Osprey Update - Nests Safe

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Fri May 4 13:49:58 EDT 2012

UI has wrapped the poles with fire retardant material and will not remove the nests until sometime in August.  I received an email from the DEEP that they are discussing with the utility companies a system of platforms attached to the top of utilities that is currently in use in the Florida similar to those show in the links below.

Thank you to all who wrote or made calls.  I received a letter from Mayor Blake of Milford that  the Osprey is the official Bird of Milford.

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT