[CT Birds] Wood thrush and warblers - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 4 17:55:09 EDT 2012

Thought I might have heard a Baltimore oriole in front of our house here on South St in Washington, CT about a half hour ago. Went out to investigate, no oriole but did have a singing wood thrush. Early this afternoon took a walk around the property here to see what I could find. All the birds were singing away, including a loud titmouse and a loud house wren. Did have a black and white wood warbler and heard a chest-nut sided wood warbler. Got to get my feeble birding brain back to wood warbler songs. There were other wood warblers about but I could not get on them well enough to ID.  I wear hearing aids now so I know some warbler songs will be a challenge for me to hear.

David W Babington
Washington, CT