[CT Birds] Greenwich Tvoday

Brendan Murtha bmskua at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 4 19:41:49 EDT 2012

I spent a little over 4 hours at Bruce Park this afternoon.  The MOURNING
WARBLER only showed once during my entire stay, low in the brush next to the
meadow at about 2:55 PM, right on time for Brian O'Tooles arrival.

However, the park was altogether very birdy, with 14 species of Warbler beside
the Mourning (15 in all) : Wilson's, Magnolia, Nashville, Blue-winged,
Black-throated Green, Ovenbird, Parula, Common Yellowthroat, Pine, Prairie,
Redstart, Yellow-rumped, Yellow, and Black-and-white.

Other notable birds included Scarlet Tanager, Eastern Towhee, Orchard Oriole,
Blue-headed Vireo, and lots of Hermit and Wood Thrush.
 -Brendan

http://catchingthethermals.wordpress.com