[CT Birds] Doesn't it figure in Selleck's Woods?

bozclark at earthlink.net bozclark at earthlink.net
Sat May 5 11:27:30 EDT 2012

5-5-12 _ Darien _ Selleck's Dunlap Woods.
After work Friday I stopped by Selleck's Dunlap Woods in Darien and had a great evening of birdwatching. Four scarlet tanagers, great-crested flycatcher, two brown thrashers, a dozen or so blue-winged warblers, several ovenbirds, about eight other warbler species, and the sounds of wood and hermit thrushes literally filling the air.
Saturday morning, as I was leading a bird walk of course, there was practically nothing. Catbirds and yellow warblers and not much more other than some warblers high in the leafed-out tree tops. Not even any good sighings of orioles, which are very common there. Not a single thursh singing. Conditions, however, were not idea with cool, misty weather. You never know from day to day during migration ...

Chris Bosak, Stamford
www.birdcallsradio.com