[CT Birds] Bakersville Swamp - New Hartford.

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 5 11:38:58 EDT 2012

This morning, 8:00 went to Bakersville Swamp - New Hartford.

Certainly not a huge fall out, but birds were all around
In drizzle and Fog - Seen in with all the resident regulars were:

Warbling Vireo &
Blue-Headed Vireo - lots.
Baltimore Oriole - lots.
Sharp-shinned Hawk eating a Yellow Warbler.
4 - RUSTY BLACKBIRD - poss more.
4 Purple finch - they nest here.

Warblers:
Yellow-throat.
Yellow.
Yel-rumps.
1-Parula.
1 - BT Blue.
2 - BT Green.

And bird of the day for me - An Empidonax Flycatcher - not a Least!
This bird showed more gray, not green/brown.
very weak eye ring - was in open swamp where they do nest here.
I believe a Willow or Alder but did not call. If so, very early!

Of Note: I saw 4 low Ring-billed Gull flying due south in the fog. Are they
still to be found here inland? And why flying south? any ideas?

On to a dirt rd near Brody Park.

Heard in the deep mixed woods -
Wood thrush.
Hermit thrush.