[CT Birds] Spring chorus report - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 5 12:19:34 EDT 2012

I would agree with Fran Z's comment about a good flight of birds last night based on my late morning walk in the fog here on our property at 900 feet on South St in Washington, CT (between 10:30 Am till Noon, 5 May 2012, Saturday). The late morning bird chorus was some thing else with the yellow-rumped wood warblers 'dripping' from the sugar maple trees here. I addition to the yellow-rumpeds I counted another 7 species of warblers and likely 'missed' more here: black and white, black-throated green, blackpoll, black-throated blue, chestnut-sided, ovenbird, and common yellowthroat. Other birds of note here this AM include several Baltimore orioles, scarlet tanager, field sparrow, and red-eyed vireo. I counted 30 bird species here in about an hour and half. Amazing Spring chorus in the fog here.

David W Babington
Washington, CT