[CT Birds] Glastonbury - warblers and more

Bill Asteriades Asterbunch at cox.net
Sat May 5 14:48:43 EDT 2012

Andrew Dasinger, Denise Jernigan and I spent the morning in Glastonbury birding various locations with a focus on the fields by Old Maids Lane, Hollister Preserve and the tree line behind the pollution plant.  We saw 101 species including 23 species of warblers.  Best birds were:

5/5/12 Glastonbury - Hollister Preserve, Old Maids Lane, treeline behind the pollution plant and various other locations -- 2 SOLITARY SANDPIPERS, 2 COMMON RAVENS, 3 BLACKBURNIAN WARBLERS, 1 WILSON'S WARBLER, 4 CANADA WARBLERS, 2 BOBOLINKS and 2 ORCHARD ORIOLES.

Other warblers noted included Nashville, Chestnut-Sided, Magnolia, BT Blue and Green and Wormeating.

Bill Asteriades
South Glastonbury, CT