[CT Birds] Ashford Fallout

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sat May 5 21:04:56 EDT 2012

5/5 - Ashford - Boston Hollow and Yale Rd - 16 species of Warbler including
BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER, both Waterthrushes, lots of Canada Warblers and
Northern Parulas, and my FOY Chestnut-sided and Worm-eating.  In addition,
COMMON RAVEN, a singing Winter Wren, a calling Barred Owl, Eastern Wood
Peewee, Least Flycatcher, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, and Scarlet Tanagers.
On Yale Road near the pond there were fallout conditions with birds
dripping from the trees and hedges right along the road, and a virtual din
of songs.  I am sure I missed some warblers trying to sort them all out!
All of this before 9 am in the fog.

Dana Campbell, Interim Rector
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Meriden
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees, and flowers,
and clouds, and stars."

Martin Luther