[CT Birds] Menunkatuck Audubon Wednesday Program

Dennis Riordan driordan at snet.net
Sun May 6 17:54:11 EDT 2012

Conserving the Nature of the Connecticut River Watershed

Patrick Comins

Wednesday, May 9, 2012, 7:30 p.m.

Blackstone Memorial Library, Branford

Join us on May 9 to learn about the protection of our beloved Connecticut River with Patrick Comins’ program, Conserving the Nature of the Connecticut River Watershed. Silvio O. Conte National Fish and Wildlife Refuge was established to conserve the abundance and diversity of native plants and animals and their habitats in the 7.2 million-acre Connecticut River watershed in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont.

From the sub-boreal forests of Vermont and New Hampshire to the globally significant tidal wetlands of the lower Connecticut River, the Conte Refuge works in partnership to conserve the places that make the Connecticut River Watershed special.

Patrick has been the Director of Bird Conservation for Audubon Connecticut since 2000 and works closely with Menunkatuck Audubon on many of our conservation projects.He is the chairman of the Friends of the Silvio O. Conte National Fish and Wildlife Refuge.