[CT Birds] Assorted reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sun May 6 23:23:40 EDT 2012

Passing these along.

 From Fred Baumgarten:
05/06/12 - Cornwall, Foote Field --

 From Cecilia & John Duffy
5/5/12 - North Haven
Male Ruby-throated Hummingbird at garden feeder at about 6:00PM

 From Mike Callahan:
5/4/12 -  male Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker in Penwood State Park in Bloomfield the afternoon of May 4th. Near the top of the old steep paved driveway that comes out at Lake Louise. I was running wearing a similar bright red as the bird as well as black and white on a drizzly afternoon and I swear the bird was attracted by my outfit. Startled me by screeching from a tree almost right next to me. Big sound from a small bird at close range. I observed it from less than 10-ft away for several minutes as it observed me.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT