[CT Birds] Willow Flycatcher Waterford

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Mon May 7 09:07:58 EDT 2012

Willow Flycatcher singing on territory this morning on Millstone Point, Waterford. I've had 3  empid species so far (without looking for them),  two of which (Acadian and Willow) have arrived early for their respective locations, and one (Least) which was pretty much on time. Julian Hough had an Alder last as well, but of course it was in Panama! What I find more interesting is the number of Olive-sided Flycatchers already reported in New England. These are pretty early arrivals. I come across them from time to time on their breeding grounds in northern New England, and a number of the locations in the White Mountains where I have seen them still have some snow around.

Dave

David Provencher

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.